Friday 9 November 2012

"Special" dice...

An idle muse, prompted by being confused during Monday's ECW campaign session...

...Am I the only person who finds dice with one custom face more hassle than they're worth?

We had two people on Monday with custom dice - one set had roundels on the 6... one set had a tree design on the 1. I'm not for a minute suggesting either of them was trying to gain any advantage from the confusion (both of them being excellent and scrupulously fair gamers and friends), but I was actually having to work quite hard to remind myself which face was marked in each case, not helped by the roundel (looking like a 1) being on the 6 face!

Heh. Guess I'm probably just getting old.

[Editorial aside: Monday's post on Maelstrom seems to have gained some momentum - 500 page views and counting. That's more than this blog managed in its first MONTH!]

1 comment:

  1. Q. Am I the only person who finds dice with one custom face more hassle than they're worth?

    A. No, they annoy me too and for the same reasons. I fully appreciate that they're another revenue channel for a vendor but it doesn't make it any easier to tell what's what...

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...