Saturday 23 February 2013

Kickstarter Watch - War Stories

Just had this drawn to my attention by a friend backing it.

It looks interesting - kind of like a cross between a more complex Memoir '44/Command and Colours and Sergeants. The core game uses wooden blocks for units, but they appear to be aiming to produce 12mm (1/144) figures and vehicles as part of the Kickstarter. Strange choice of scale, perhaps, that suggests a lack of awareness of what else is out there, but then, that's been said of Napoleon at War.

Will I back it? Probably not - I think I probably have enough WW2-related games (including Memoir '44 Online) to keep me amused - but it's something I'd certainly have a go at if it was waved under my nose.

Ah well. Back to drilling cataphract hands for spears. :D

6 comments:

  1. Actually, 10-12mm ww2 is quite frequent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 mm more so than 12, and 1/144 is definitely the large end of 12. :)

      Delete
    2. Pedant... ;-)

      You'll be saying 18mm isn't 15mm and that 1/76 is 20mm but 1/72 is 25mm next!

      Delete
    3. Well, given the number of people who complain about the size of Napoleon At War 18mms, precisely because they aren't 15mm... ;)

      Delete
    4. My WWII Desert forces are all 12mm - Minifigs call it N scale... perfect scale - bigger and easier to see than 6mm while still being able to fit ore models on the table...

      Delete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...