Monday 9 February 2015

Spartan Games to produce Halo-based games

Spartan Games, producer of Dystopian Wars, Planetfall, Uncharted Seas and the like, has just announced a deal with Microsoft to produce... wait for it... miniature games based on the Halo universe/franchise. From their announcement:
image from Wikimedia Commons
"Spartan Games has entered into a License Agreement with Microsoft Corporation to design and produce tabletop miniatures games for “Halo®”, the global entertainment phenomenon. The first products will be on sale around the world through Spartan Games’ sales and distribution channels in 2015."
If you want the full, massively awesome scoop, go check out the latest Meeples podcast, where Neil and Hobbsy got to talk to Neil from Spartan last Wednesday... and were so excited they dragged me onto Skype at bedtime after they'd mostly finished and swore me to secrecy (for, lo, I have taken the Co-Presenters' Oath) because, as far as I can tell, they had to tell someone. (And I'm quite safe, 'cause I've never played Halo!)

2 comments:

  1. Good news, because Halo wargame, but bad news for me as I stocked up on the Halo Heroclix and still haven't finished painting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is done in 10mm I will be looking hard at what I can buy to mix and match for my SF armies.

    ReplyDelete

Views and opinions expressed here are those of the commenter, not mine. I reserve the right to delete comments if I consider them unacceptable. Unfortunately due to persistent spam from one source, I've been forced to turn on captchas for comments.

Comments on posts older than 7 days will go into a moderation queue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...